Home > Life, Work > Electrifying

Electrifying

February 19th, 2003

Thanks to the extremely dry air, I am mildly electrocuted several times a day at my office. In fact, everytime I touch the metal door handle to either get into the department or the bathroom. Oh, and also when I need to call the elevator. It’s gotten so bad that I get shocked even when trying to cover my hand with the sleeve of my sweater. What the hell??

Categories: Life, Work Tags:
  1. February 19th, 2003 at 21:53 | #1

    This cracked me up.

    *OW!* Don’t do that. *OW!* Don’t do that. *OW!*…

    Every time I point to the computer monitor to show somebody something, I get shocked. Donkeys are smarter than me.

  2. February 19th, 2003 at 23:24 | #2

    even if you cover your hands with a sweater or sleeve you will still get shocked. I hate getting shocks too, I get shocked usually when I touch my laptop, which I have to be careful with because I don’t want to shock something on the board and well you know :-P

  3. Robyn
    February 20th, 2003 at 07:29 | #3

    Try grounding yourself with a less sensitive portion of your anatomy. I usually try for a broad area such as the back of my hand or elbow.

    You can also try changing shoes.. I find that leather soles tend not to let me build up as big a charge.

    The cats just HATE it when I zap their heads going to pet them! (Not on purpose, of cours! ;)

    Robyn

  4. February 20th, 2003 at 10:10 | #4

    I get shocked every time I get out of my car in cold weather. I’ve gotten in the habit of using my elbow to shut the door. Less painful.

  5. February 20th, 2003 at 10:22 | #5

    I HATE getting shocked!!

  6. February 21st, 2003 at 17:30 | #6

    Haha! That is so funny. When my friend Alex from Brazil came to visit last year, he kept getting shocked on everything he touched. It was making him a little insane and paranoid to shake anyone’s hand when introduced. So finally I just gave him a Bounce dryer sheet (more as a joke) and he carried that thing everywhere he went, rubbing it on doorknobs and stuff. It seemed to give him peace of mind, at least.

Comments are closed.